Our proposal is a prototype for 3 storey semi-detached villa on a narrow plot, which can be configured in a variety of ways. In this situation it contains a pair of semi-detached 2-3 bedroom houses both fronting the street and having private back gardens. This typology can also be configured as a terraced row, or as individual units.
Our aim is to respond to the following:
• To create buildings that are simple to construct and easy to maintain, using low tech materials in an inventive way.
• To create a clear, legible and elegant streetscape
• To allow for adequate parking but diminish the impact of cars on the site
• To create homes that appear to be bigger than they are, planning for long through views and three dimensional connections between the main spaces
• To create homes that are sustainable in construction and in use by employing materials with a low carbon footprint where possible and to integrate renewable technology unobtrusively
• To create homes that can adapt to different tenures in response to Lifetime Homes guidance
• To create a repeatable typology
• To orientate buildings and gardens to exploit sunlight